This week we are wrapping up a busy holiday season with our annual ham dinner distribution to more than 200 families. Thank you to the many donors and volunteers who made it possible to provide our clients with the comfort of a holiday meal to enjoy with loved ones.
The Franklin Food Pantry and our clients are truly grateful for the spirit of giving that has captured our community in the past few months. You have shown support for the Pantry in a number of ways:
- Franklin Turkey Trot. Nearly 1,000 people came out to support the Pantry in spite of the frigid temperatures.
- Food and Fund Drives. Community groups held more than 30 drives collecting 10,000 pounds of food! Meet some of our youngest supporters.
- Franklin Food Elves. More than 130 Food Elves collected record donations during the “12 Days of Donating” campaign.
- Ongoing Donations of Time and Money. So many have stepped up to lend a helping hand during our busiest time of year, or make an end-of-year gift that will help carry us through when the giving season ends.
- Facebook Likes. More than 1500 people have “Liked” our Facebook page and can help us spread the news of our impact and urgent requests for help.
No matter how you did it, you have helped to feed your neighbors in need. You have made it possible to provide more fresh food to clients through your monetary donations. You have helped spread the word that hunger exists in Franklin. You are making a difference in the lives of 1,000 people, including 300 children, who count on us to put enough food on the table. And for all of that, we thank you. Our neighbors thank you.
We have a very busy week ensuring that our clients have sufficient supplies for the holidays. We will be closed for the holiday period to give our volunteers and staff time with their families. We will re-open our doors on January 2 to greet our clients with renewed energy and continued compassion in the New Year. May you have an especially wonderful holiday season! Thank you for your continued support!
Remember that the need continues long after the holidays are over. There’s still time if you plan to make a donation before the end of the year. You can make a monetary gift online here; or mail a check payable to the Franklin Food Pantry to P.O. Box 116, Franklin, MA 02038. Mail that is postmarked by December 31 is tax-deductible for 2017.