Access to nutritious and fresh food is a critical component to emotional and physical health. The high cost of fresh fruits and vegetables can be a barrier to wholesome nutrition for many families. We offer a variety of programs and services to help clients achieve the best nutritional health possible.
- Walk-in Fridays where all clients are invited in for a shopping trip, no appointment necessary, to help ensure they have enough food to feed their families. Please note there is a two bag limit for our Friday shopping days.
- The Mobile Pantry which delivers food monthly to select neighborhoods where people have difficulty getting to the Pantry. Families with small children, seniors, and individuals with disabilities have access to common household food staples, meat, dairy, fresh fruits and bakery items.
- Weekend Backpack Program provides weekend meals and snacks to children in need through a partnership with Franklin Public Schools.
- Carts for Clients which provides free, portable shopping carts to clients who need a little extra help in transporting their groceries.
- Healthy Futures Shelf that offers fresh fruits and vegetables which many families cannot afford. Working with the Hockomock Area YMCA and Stop & Shop, we created this program to take preventative measures to help combat high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity. Choose among items that fit your special dietary needs, such as low fat, no salt, high protein or gluten-free.
For more information on our programs, please call 508-528-3115.