***The 2017 Food Elves Campaign has ended. Thank you to everyone who helped make the drive such a success! If any youth volunteer is interested in signing up for the 2018 Campaign, please complete this sign-up form and you will be contacted in the fall when preparations begin. Thank you!***
We are fortunate that many young people in our community have a strong desire to help out at the Pantry. We do all we can to accommodate this enthusiastic and passionate group, but are limited on the opportunities that are available.*
Many of our youth volunteers are seeking community service hours. Please see our Community Service Hours FAQ for more information.
Throughout the year, we have occasional need for youth volunteers to help with organizing food donations. Please complete this application and we will contact you on an as needed basis.
Youth volunteers are usually involved in some of our more popular community drives which are listed below. When we recruit for these events, we will promote opportunities through Facebook, so please Like our Page to learn when spots open.
- Held in May
- Sponsored by the National Association of Letter Carriers
- Youth volunteers help unload food donations from the mail trucks, date check, sort and organize the items
- Thousands of pounds of food are collected
- Held in December
- Organized and orchestrated exclusively by middle and high school students
- Held in cooperation with the Franklin Downtown Partnership and local businesses
- Youth volunteers collect donations for the Pantry
- If any youth volunteer is interested in signing up for the 2018 Campaign, please complete this sign-up form and you will be contacted in the fall when preparations begin. Thank you!
- For general inquiries about the Food Elves, please contact email@example.com
*Because of the sensitive and confidential nature of our client population, volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and a high school graduate to work with clients or be on site during client hours.