Thank you Linda Rondeau for donating your time and capturing these terrific images of the progress for The Pantry’s new home!
Signs are installed, shelves have been stocked, and our neighbors have been invited in to shop!
We are so happy with our new building and express our sincerest thanks to everyone in the community who helped The Pantry to design this beautiful space, plan our move, load, unload, and pack and unpack!
The real work has just begun! We are about to launch the public phase of our fundraising campaign to finish paying for the building and renovations, establish a rainy day fund for building repairs, and implement program improvements!
Your contribution, in any amount, will be deeply appreciated! To contribute to the campaign, please visit here.
We have new doors and windows, electrical wiring, primed (and some painted) walls, plumbing, ADA compliant walkways… so many people have contributed to the creation of this warm and welcoming space for our neighbors, volunteers, and community members!
Soon we will throw open the doors and celebrate!
So much progress is happening with our building renovations… Workspaces for staff and volunteers are coming along. We are so excited to welcome our neighbors to this shopping space
We are so excited that the loading dock is coming along! The loading dock creates a level surface for unloading our refrigerated truck and the weather protection will protect our staff, volunteers, and food from weather elements.
Quite a bit is happening at 341 West Central Street! A lot of progress has been made and preparations for the big move are in motion! Here’s what we’ve been up to:
- Interior framing, electrical, and low voltage wiring for phones and computers are in process.
- Windows, doors, walk-in coolers, and freezers are in process.
- A sliding shelf system that increases storage capacity for dried goods is being ordered.
- The exterior loading dock is in process and will create a level surface for safely unloading our refrigerated truck directly into the warehouse.
- Weather protection over the loading dock is in process and will protect food and volunteers from the elements which will also support food safety.
We are so thankful for all those who have donated time and products.
So much work has been done and we are getting excited as we watch the interior framing go up! These photos were taken in November and a lot of progress has been made since then.