You can help us be efficient in our work if you follow these guidelines:
- Please donate only food, personal care items, household cleaners and pet food. We are not equipped to take household items such as dishes, clothing, furniture, etc.
- We do not accept donations of perishable food like milk, proteins, produce, and eggs. Monetary donations provided the most flexibility for us to purchase perishable items like fresh produce, proteins, and dairy items from our partners at heavily discounted rates. The Pantry can then schedule deliveries based on need and shopping hours so that waste of fresh produce is minimized. If you are interested in donating produce and other perishable foods you must make arrangements in advance to ensure we can accommodate them. Please call 508-528-3115 for details.
- In food drives or donation bin drop-offs, only donate food that is non-perishable (canned, boxed, etc.).
- Check the dates on all items. We cannot accept expired food.
- We cannot accept medications or vitamins of any kind, even over-the-counter items.
- We cannot accept baby formula or baby food.
- Do not give us items that are open, damaged or soiled. All food must be factory sealed.
- Please give only standard size vs. big box store items. These are easier to distribute to families of all sizes and store on our shelves.
- Do not donate alcohol or tobacco-related products.
- We cannot accept mouthwash or other items containing alcohol.
- Do not donate small coffee pods or K-Cups as most of our clients use regular percolators. Please donate ground coffee only in 1lb bags.