As a private, nonprofit organization, we depend on donations from individuals, corporations, foundations and other strategic partners to fund our expenses. We are grateful for our many partnerships, including that with the Greater Boston Food Bank, that allow us to achieve greater buying power and lower our costs. We are also grateful to our state delegation for funding statewide food insecurity initiatives and to the Town of Franklin for non-monetary program support. Donations and grants fund our food purchases, keep our lights on, and put gas in our food truck.
The Pantry benefits from a large number of food and fund drives each year that supplement our inventory. However, food donations have certain limitations and present some challenges in meeting the needs of our clients.
What does your gift do for your community?
- Purchase nutritious and fresh food (fruits, vegetables, dairy products and proteins) to supplement nonperishable food donations.
- Purchase food from the Greater Boston Food Bank at the best possible price. The Pantry leverages its buying power to acquire food at a fraction of grocery store costs. $1 spent at GBFB equals 2 meals provided!
- Provide personal care care items and cleaning supplies that are not covered by SNAP (food stamps) such as soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, laundry detergent and feminine hygiene products.
- Meet community need all year long, especially during times when food and fund drives happen less frequently.
- Manage our inventory more efficiently. Food donations require space, time and labor for sorting, date checking and stocking.
How can you partner with us to help our neighbors?
- Join GEMS – Give Every Month! A recurring gift allows us to count on steady revenue and is the best way to help us plan our programs!
- Donate through a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) for favorable tax benefits and the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities.
- DAF Direct allows you to donate from your Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable or BNY Mellon account. If you have an account through another financial institute, please contact your financial institution directly to make a donation.
- Give stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares to access tax advantages. Please inform our Executive Director, Tina Powderly (firstname.lastname@example.org), and provide your broker with the following information: Raymond James, DTC #0725, Franklin Food Pantry, A/C #710X085
- Crowd Fund to support The Pantry!
- Donate by check – payable to Franklin Food Pantry and mail to Franklin Food Pantry, P.O. Box 116, Franklin, MA 02038.
Thank you for your support!