The Franklin Food Pantry is not funded by the Town of Franklin. As a private, nonprofit organization, we depend on donations from individuals, corporations, foundations and other strategic partners. We are grateful for our many partnerships, including that with the Greater Boston Food Bank, that allow us to achieve greater buying power and lower our costs. We also are grateful to our state delegation for funding statewide food insecurity initiatives. Donations and grants fund our food purchases, keep our lights on, and put gas in our food truck.
The Pantry benefits from a large number of food and fund drives each year that supplement our inventory. However, food donations have certain limitations and present some challenges in meeting the needs of our clients.
What does your gift do for your community?
- Purchase more nutritious and fresh food (fruits, vegetables, dairy products and meats) to supplement nonperishable food donations
- Purchase food from the Greater Boston Food Bank at the best possible price. The Pantry leverages its buying power to acquire food at a fraction of grocery store costs. $1 spent at GBFB equals 2 meals provided!
- Provide personal care care items and cleaning supplies that are not covered by SNAP (food stamps) – necessities many take for granted, such as soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, laundry detergent and feminine hygiene products.
- Meet community need all year long, especially during times when food and fund drives happen less frequently.
- Manage our inventory more efficiently. Food donations require much time, space and labor for sorting, date checking and storing.
How can you partner with us to help our neighbors?
- Join GEMS – Give Every Month!
- A recurring gift allows us to count on steady revenue and is the best way to help us plan our programs!
- Donate through a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) a type of giving program that combines the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities.
- DAF Direct allows you to donate from your Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable or BNY Mellon account. If you have an account through another financial institute, please contact your financial institution directly to make a donation.
- Give stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares to access tax advantages for you. To make a gift this way, please inform Tina Powderly at the Franklin Food Pantry (email@example.com), then provide your broker with the following information: Raymond James, DTC #0725, Franklin Food Pantry, A/C #710X085
- Make a one-time gift
- Give in honor or memory of someone special
- Create your own fundraiser to support The Pantry.
- Become a Food Pantry Ambassador
- Donate by check
- Payable to Franklin Food Pantry and mail to Franklin Food Pantry, P.O. Box 116, Franklin, MA 02038, or drop it off during Pantry hours.
Thank you for your support! We are incredibly appreciative of the generous community that supports the Franklin Food Pantry.