As a nonprofit organization, we depend entirely on donations from individuals and families, corporations, foundations and other strategic partners. We receive NO funding from the town or state.
The Pantry benefits from a large number of food and fund drives each year that greatly supplement our inventory. And we count on them. However, food donations have certain limitations and present some challenges in meeting the needs of our clients.
Monetary gifts enable the Pantry to:
- Purchase more nutritious and fresh food (fruits, vegetables, dairy products and meats) to supplement nonperishable food donations.
- Purchase food from the Greater Boston Food Bank at the best possible price. The Pantry leverages its buying power to acquire food at a fraction of grocery store costs.
- Provide personal care items and cleaning supplies that are not covered by SNAP (food stamps) – necessities many take for granted, such as soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toilet paper, laundry detergent and feminine hygiene products.
- Meet community need all year long, especially during times when food and fund drives happen less frequently.
- Manage our inventory more efficiently. Food donations require much time, space and labor for sorting, date checking and storing.
Please partner with us to help our neighbors. Donate here using our secure online donation form. You can:
- Make a one-time gift
- Set up a recurring gift, such as monthly, to make a difference all year long
- Give in honor or memory of someone special
If you prefer to make a donation by check, please make it payable to Franklin Food Pantry and mail to Franklin Food Pantry, P.O. Box 116, Franklin, MA 02038, or drop it off during Pantry hours.
Thank you for your support! We are incredibly appreciative of the generous community that supports the Franklin Food Pantry.